Anna University College of Engineering Guindy Chennai, Tamilnadu
Anna University Chennai is one of the best Universities in India, which offers higher education in several disciplines like Engineering, Technology and allied Sciences. The University offers the courses according to the current educational scenario. The colleges which come under this University are as follows:
• College of Engineering, Guindy (CEG)
• Madras Institute of Technology , Chrompet (MIT)
• Alagappa Chettiar College of Technology (ACTECH)
• School of Architecture and Planning (SAP)
Location of CEG of Anna University
The Anna University is situated in the southern part of Chennai city. The main campus of the University College of Engineering, Guindy is about 100 hectares and it’s location is near to Adyar River, Raj Bhavan and Gandhi Mandapam. The place is well-connected to all parts of the Chennai city and can be very easily reached by bus.
Brief description about Anna University
College of Engineering, Guindy (CEG) was established in the year 1859. It is one among the four colleges of Anna University. It offers the best education for engineering graduates and is among the top ranked engineering colleges in India. The college offers a number of undergraduate, postgraduate and research programs for students.
1. RANKING: 12th among the Top 25 Engineering colleges according to India Today 2009 survey.
2. COURSES: Engineering & Technology, Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs
3. ADMISSIONS: Through qualifying examination for graduate courses. Post graduate admissions through GATE.
4. FEE: Subsidised by Govt.
5. ACCOMMODATION: Separate hostels available for girls and boys in the campus..
6. PLACEMENTS: Best placements in reputed companies in India.
7. LOCATION: Chennai
UG Courses in CEG of Anna University
• B.E. : Civil Engineering, Geo Informatics, Agricultural and Irrigation Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science and Engineering, Mining Engineering, Printing Technology, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Information and Communication Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Information Technology
• B.Sc. Electronic Media
PG Courses in CEG of Anna University
• M.E.: Geoinformatics, Remote Sensing, Urban Engineering, Structural Engineering, Construction Engineering and Management, Hydrology and Water Resources Engineering, Irrigation Water Management, Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Integrated Water Resources Management, Internal Combustion Engineering, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, Engineering Design, Computer Aided Design (CAD), Product Design and Development (PDD), Energy Engineering, Manufacturing Systems Management, Printing Technology, Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering, Quality Engineering & Management, Power Systems Engineering, High Voltage Engineering, Control and Instrumentation Engineering, Power Electronics and Drives, Electrical Drives and Embedded control, Embedded System Technologies, Applied Electronics, Communication Systems, VLSI Design, Medical Electronics, Computer Science and Engineering, Software Engineering, Multimedia Technology, Information Technology, Systems Engineering and Operations Research, Laser and Electro Optical Engineering.
• M.Sc. Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, Materials Science, Medical Physics, Applied Chemistry, Polymer Science and Engineering, Electronic Media ,Electronic Media
Research Courses in CEG of Anna University
• Medical Electronics Instrumentation Bio-signal Processing
• Medical Image Processing
• Optical Communication
• Communication System Engineering
• CAD / CAM / CAE
• Molecular Diagnostics
• Drug Discovery
• Software Engineering
• Tissue Culture of Medical Systems
• Language Technology
• Knowledge Engineering
• Wireless Technology
• Web Technology
• M.S. by Research in all disciplines of Engineering and Technology. Network and Network Security
• Data Mining
• Computer Architecture
• Soft Computing
• Machine Intelligence
• Micro Satellite Engineering
• Laser Technology
• Nano Science and Engineering
• Renewable Energy
• Disaster Management
• Lather hosing & Processing
• Printing Inks
• Crystal Growth
• Computational Fluid Dynamics
• Ocean Management
• Bio Informatics
• Ph.D in all disciplines of Engineering, Technology and Sciences. Logistics & Supply Chain Management
• Environmental Studies
• Water Resource Management
• Irrigation Management
• Automotive Electronics
• Process Control
• Remote Sensing and GIS Applications
• Heat and Mass Transfer
• Fluidized Bed Reactors
• Reaction Kinetics
• Ground Improvement Techniques
• Soil-Structure Interaction
• Ocean and atmospheric modeling
• Grid Computing
• Research Areas related to all disciplines of UG / P.G Programmes of Anna University.
Eligibility for the UG and PG Courses in CEG of Anna University
• The candidates must have passed in the Higher Secondary Examination recognized by the Government of Tamil Nadu.
• The candidates must have taken Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry as their subjects of study.
• The diploma candidates are also eligible and they will be admitted in the II year of B.E/ B.Tech program.
• The candidates are admitted to the PG courses based on their performance in GATE
Contact address for CEG Chennai
College of Engineering,
Sardar Patel Road,
Chennai 600 025